The Make The Cut Challenge is a fantasy golf competition that spans the 2017 LPGA Season. You pick one pro player for each tournament that you think will make the official LPGA tournament cut (typically the Top 70 pro players + ties after the first two rounds). If your pro makes the cut, you continue in the competition. If your pro does not make the cut, you are eliminated from the competition. It's that simple. Oh, and you can only pick each pro one time during the season!
How to Play
- Pick one LPGA pro that you think will make the cut for the current LPGA tournament as your Primary Pick. You may optionally select an Alternate Pick for each entry to cover instances when your selected primary LPGA pro does not play. This is for the situation when a player withdraws prior to the tournament start, NOT after the tournament starts. Repeat the process of picking a Primary Pick and Alternate Pick for each of your entries. It is important to understand that each entry is an individual player in the game. They cannot tag-team for each other! You must make picks for every entry for every tournament.
You may change your selections as many times as you wish during the tournament Pick Period.
LPGA pros that appear in the official LPGA Tour results for a tournament are considered as playing in the event. If your Primary Pick does not play in the tournament, your selection will automatically be changed to your Alternate Pick. If your Primary Pick and Alternate Pick do not play in the tournament, your entry will be eliminated from the competition.
- If your selected pro misses the cut, your entry is eliminated. If your pro makes the cut, your entry survives to play in the next Make The Cut tournament. Pros that play in an event who do not earn money for any reason (i.e. withdrawal, disqualification, missing the cut) are considered as missing the cut.
- You may not pick the same pro more than once per entry throughout the duration of the season.
- All picks must be submitted during the tournament Pick Period, which will typically start around 5:00pm Mountain time on the Monday preceding the upcoming tournament, and will expire at 7:00 am local tournament time the first day of the tournament. Check the messages at the top of the Make Picks page for specific date/times for the current Pick Period.
- If you do not make picks for an entry for any LPGA tournament included in the Make The Cut Challenge during the tournament Pick Period, either through negligence, computer or network trouble, that entry is eliminated from the competition.
- If an LPGA tournament is not completed for any reason, that tournament will not be included in the Make The Cut Challenge.
- If two or more participants remain at the end of the competition, the grand prize amount will be evenly divided by the remaining entries.
- If at any point in time during the competition, only one participant remains, that participant will immediately be declared the sole winner.
- If two or more participants remain and all are eliminated in the same week, the grand prize will be distributed equally among them.
- All Make The Cut picks must be made or changed by the fantasy golf participant during the tournament Pick Period. The League Marshal cannot submit picks on your behalf.
How to Enter
To enter the Make The Cut Challenge, you must first be a registered member of Ladies Dream Golf. When you register for Ladies Dream Golf, be sure to enter your valid local time zone. This will ensure that posted deadlines for making picks are displayed correctly for your time zone. If you forgot to enter your timezone at the time you registered, you can edit your profile by selecting "MyProfile" in the upper right portion of the menu bar.
Once you are a registered Ladies Dream Golf member, you must then select a Donation Level that makes you eligible to play Make The Cut. The higher your Donation Level, the more entries you get for Make-the-Cut:
- Birdie: 4 Make-the-Cut Entries
- Albatross: 8 Make-the-Cut Entries
- Hole-in-One: 10 Make-the-Cut Entries
You can select or upgrade your Donation Level here --> Upgrade Donation Level
Your Donation Level upgrade must be selected and paid for by the Make The Cut entry deadline of January 26, 2016 at 7:00am Eastern time. Any upgrades that are not successfully paid for within 30 minutes of submission will be deleted so that you can retry your upgrade submission. Donation Level upgrades are payable in U.S. dollars. Refunds will not be granted.
The Make The Cut Challenge begins on Monday, January 23, 2017, and ends on Sunday, September 19, 2017, with a total of 23 tournaments included in the competition. All LPGA tournaments starting with the Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic and ending with the New Zealand Women’s Open are included in the competition, excluding Honda LPGA Thailand and HSBC Women’s Champions, which are both No-Cut tournaments, and Lorena Ochoa Match Play, which is a match play tournament. All tournaments on the LPGA schedule after the New Zealand Women’s Open are No-Cut tournaments, and thus will not be included in the Make The Cut Challenge.
One grand prize of $350 will be awarded to the owner of the winning Make The Cut entry. In the event that two or more entries remain following the last tournament of the competition, the $350 grand prize will be divided evenly among the owner(s) of the remaining entries. All taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). In the event that the awarding of any prizes to winners of the competition is challenged by any legal authority, Ladies Dream Golf reserves the right at their sole discretion to not to award such prizes.
The Make The Cut Challenge is open to individuals who have reached legal age in their respective jurisdiction and who have a valid e-mail address. Individuals who have not reached legal age in their respective jurisdiction can enter only with permission of a parent or legal guardian. Void where prohibited by law.
Game of Skill
The Make The Cut Challenge is a game of skill. From all entries received, winners are determined by the individuals who use their skill and knowledge of the LPGA, LPGA players, and Ladies Dream Golf fantasy golf rules to make the most correct selections.
Winner(s) are notified by email within 7 days after the official final results are posted at the conclusion of the competition. Winner(s) must complete the Prize Claim Form referenced in the notification e-mail in order to claim their prize.
Internet /Technology Problems
If, for any reason, the Make The Cut Challenge is not capable of running as planned (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Ladies Dream Golf which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition), Ladies Dream Golf reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Ladies Dream Golf assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation with transmission, communications, line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or allegation of entries. Ladies Dream Golf is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, phone lines, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a participant's computer related to or resulting from participation in this competition.
Ladies Dream Golf is not responsible for any late, lost, garbled, incomplete, or damaged entries; any competition disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Ladies Dream Golf; or typographical errors in any materials associated with the competition. Ladies Dream Golf is not responsible or liable for any damage, loss or injury (including death) resulting from participation in the competition and/or acceptance and use of any prize won.
Ladies Dream Golf makes every attempt to ensure the field list is correct for each tournament. Fantasy players are encouraged to do their own research prior to the end of the Pick Period to determine if their picks are still in the field for the tournament.
Ladies Dream Golf is solely responsible for enacting, administering, enforcing the rules, and maintaining the integrity of the competition.
The Make The Cut Challenge and the Ladies Dream Golf web site are not sponsored or endorsed by the LPGA.
By participating in the Make The Cut Challenge, you release and agree to hold harmless Ladies Dream Golf, its sponsors, and its associates from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the competition or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries and losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
The Make The Cut Challenge is subject to all United States laws, and to the official rules, and cannot be used in connection with any form of gambling. By entering the competition, you agree to abide by the terms of the official rules and by the decisions of Ladies Dream Golf which are final on all matters pertaining to the competition. Ladies Dream Golf reserves the right to change the official rules at any time, at their sole discretion.